Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Leap of Faith . . .

Please forgive my self-indulgence. This has nothing to do with Waugh, Wilde, or anything literary for that matter (not directly, anyway). I'm just tremendously excited about my latest endeavor. I'm doing improvisational comedy again, and I'm loving it. I'm hardly (make that HARDLY) a comedic genius, but I'm working with some very kind and patient folks who also happen to be completely amazing performers. These guys of whom I speak--and, glowingly, but probably not glowingly enough--are the Improv Brothas of downtown Detroit. They perform at the Park Bar (which also happens to be the BEST bar in Detroit) on a newly built and really impressive stage facility.
I just wanted to share this with you lovely folks, my friends, and to ask you for your supportive thoughts. Please wish me luck, that I might not be kicked out of the group, be booed off stage, or vomit during a rehearsal.
I believe that there will be an Improv Brothas show on April 30th, for those of you in the immediate or surrounding area of Detroit. I probably won't be in this particular show, but, if anything, this should ENCOURAGE everyone to come. These guys really are truly amazing, and if you go to their show, I promise that you will laugh.
I'll post a show time and more details later. And, hey, maybe I'll try to work Waugh into a scene or two in the very near future . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do wish you luck --it sounds like a lot of fun!

Wick said...

Break a leg! I've been thinking about doing the same thing but have yet to summon the courage. (Lots of funny ladies from Detroit ... Lily Tomlin, Gilda Radner ...)

Amy said...

Just do it, wick. You'll love it.
And, yeah, I actually venerate Gilda Radner. She was the real deal and my absolute idol. Lily Tomlin ain't half bad either, but there was something completely special and different about Gilda.
Maybe she's watching out for me . . .
Who knows? We Detroit chicks have got to stick together, after all. :)